German: Beginners (QQI LEVEL 3) | LA006ON (10 Weeks Online)
This course is suitable for individuals wishing to develop conversational skills to speak German.
NOTE: Learners undertaking online programme must have basic IT skills and have access to the necessary equipment to enable them to undertake an online programmeApply for this Course
- Interpersonal Communication: greet/ take leave; say yes / no / please / thank you; make an apology; recognise words on notices/signs; time; quality; quantity; space; attitudes; contacts; comparisons; loss/theft/ missing etc.
- Personal Information: ﬁrst/family name; age/nationality/ occupation etc.
- Breakdown in Communication: ask “do you speak English?”; signal non-understanding; ask for repetition/speak more slowly etc.
- Travel and Accommodation: public transport; departure / arrivals; vending machines; book / pay / enquire about accommodation etc.
- Food and Drink: order/pay; understand a menu and programmes; types of meat/ vegetables/dairy products etc.
- Shopping and Making Purchases: opening/closing times; different departments; size/colour/price; postal rates/stamps/ telephone cards; follow operator instructions; telephone book/ directory etc.