Irish For Beginners (QQI LEVEL 3) |LA028ON (10 weeks Online)
This course is suitable for individuals wishing to develop conversational skills in spoken Irish or to gain an introductory qualification. Tuition will be conducted in a relaxed setting with emphasis on the oral aspects of the Irish language.
NOTE: Learners undertaking online programme must have basic IT skills and have access to the necessary equipment to enable them to undertake an online programmeApply for this Course
An Irish Language course covering basic conversational topics including:
• Oneself / Personal Information: name, age, nationality, occupation, exchange familiar information, where you live, people you know and things you have /first/family name; age/nationality/ occupation etc
• Food/Drink/Shopping: making purchases, order and pay for food/ drink; ask the price, house and home, hobbies and pastimes etc
• Breakdown in Communication: ask “do you speak english?”; signal non-understanding; ask for repetition/ speak more slowly etc.
• Others / Interpersonal Communication: Use introductory vocabulary, to include greetings, take leave introductions, courtesies, basic personal information, numbers 1-100, time, greet/; say yes/no/please/thank you; make an apology; recognise words on notices/signs etc
• Work and daily routines – news, weather, read simple notices, signs and short pieces of text on familiar subjects, to include social and or work related information,
• Life – Simple directions: time, quantity, date/month; counting; directions etc.
• Travel and Accommodation: public transport; departure/arrivals; vending machines; book/pay/enquire about accommodation etc