Medical Terminology (QQI LEVEL 5)/BP042 (10 weeks Class Based) or BP042ON (10 weeks Online)
This course is designed to provide the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence in the range of medical terminology applicable and relevant specifically to a medical receptionist or secretarial role in a medical practice, clinic and or hospital setting.Apply for this Course
• Examine a range of medical terminology required by a medical receptionist or secretary.
• Describe the sources of information available to the medical receptionist or secretary
• The importance of using correct medical terminology in communicating with patients and medical practitioners
• Apply medical pronunciation and spelling correctly
• Medical Abbreviations used in medical investigations and diagnosis
• Medical terminology associated with the medical specialities carried out in a hospital, and used in medical reports and summaries
• Preparation of medical reports; ensuring the use of appropriate terminology, language and format
• Explore current relevant legislate regarding Health Services in Ireland
This course may take place at the Further Education and Training Centre Kilmallock Road Campus.
A safe level of written and spoken English is required – see note English Assessment on pg 11