Hat Design (Millinery)/ AC024 (10 Weeks Class Based)
This course is designed for those who have an interest in hat design. It is suitable for beginners, and will introduce the students to a variety of hat design techniques. The student will learn a number of technical skills and will create a number of hats during the class duration.Apply for this Course
Basic Millinery techniques, such as working with Sinamay: one of the main hat making foundations used in Millinery.
- Using stripping to create sculptural organic pieces.
- Working with Millinery wire.
- How to create base for chosen hat.
- How to manipulate feathers in making of hat.
- Mounting pieces on a comb, headband or base with elastic and much more.
Note: Each participant needs to bring along a sketchbook and notebook with pens and colour pencils for concept design and their own choice of additional materials following the first demonstration class. The Materials Fee covers a Beginners Kit ONLY containing: 1 metre of Sinamay, Elastic, Comb, 1 metre of trims, Brides & Scribes, Additional choice materials are not covered by the materials fee.