Hat Design Beginners (Millinery)/ AC024 (10 Weeks Class Based)
This course is designed for those who have an interest in hat design. It is suitable for beginners, and will introduce the students to a variety of hat design techniques. The student will learn a number of technical skills and will create a number of hats during the class duration.Apply for this Course
This introductory course is designed for those who have an interest in hat design. It is suitable for beginners and will introduce the students to a variety of hat design techniques. The student will learn a number of technical skills and will create a minimum of two headpieces during the class duration.
– Introduction to working with Sinamay: One of the main hat making foundations used in Millinery.
– Blocking techniques: Learn how to create a variety of hat bases.
– Wiring: Learn sewing techniques to attach millinery wire to add structure and strength to headpieces
– Working with Bias: Student will be taught how to cut and use bias strips in millinery design to create sculptural pieces.
– Veiling: How to cut and sew veiling to create vintage styles, add texture and create unique looks.
– Pleating: How to create texture with pleating.
– Mounting headpieces: How to place and attach headpieces on a comb, headband or base with elastic etc.
The materials fee covers a beginners kit containing: 1 metre of Sinamay, matching thread, millinery needles, 1 metre of veiling, headband and comb. Additional choice materials are not covered by fee.