Interior Design Skills (QQI Level 5) AC017 (10 Weeks Class Based)
This programme is aimed at those wishing to further themselves with the knowledge, skill and competence in the principles and practice of design skills in relation to interior design utilising a range of creative processes whilst working independently or with others.Apply for this Course
- Get involved in the design process – problem solving activity, find strategies to respond to your design brief.
- Understand Inter-relationships between those involved in a design process – the client, the designer, the
maker and the user.
- Get familiar with Tools, materials and technologies and the health and safety issues relating to the design field.
- Evaluate your design outcomes in an historical and cultural context and Engage in the design process from briefing, through research and development, to presentation and execution.
- Interpret the design brief / target audience, budget and deadlines, Research your design brief
- Organise a work schedule with agreed deadlines, generate a range of design solutions through visual and verbal brainstorming, lateral thinking and exploration of materials within a budget and schedule/selected ideas/communicate these visually & verbally/problem solving in the context of your
design brief and develop the design solutions further/objective/design criteria – evaluate strategies you used and the outcome/result and its success while working independently