Safety and Health at Work (QQI LEVEL 5) | BP025 (12 weeks Class Based)
This course is suitable for individuals who wish to promote, maintain and apply the principles and procedures of health and safety in the workplace.Apply for this Course
- Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act, 2005; Health and Safety Authority
- Safety statement; safe and healthy working practices
- Risk factors, hazard identiﬁcation and risk assessment in the workplace; mechanical and electrical equipment; safe lifting and handling techniques
- Accidents – causes, prevention, procedures, reporting and recording
- Fire-related issues – causes, prevention, procedures, equipment etc.
- Safety signs; ﬁrst aid kit; infection control etc.
A safe level of written and spoken English is required – see note English Assessment on pg 11