Special Needs Assisting (QQI LEVEL 6) | CC003 (12 weeks Class Based) or CC003ON (12 weeks Online)
This course is designed to provide learners with the knowledge, skill and competence in the theory and practice underpinning the education and care of those who present with special educational needs to enable the learner to assist in the provision of this education and care.Apply for this Course
• Evaluate the provision of education for people with special educational needs with reference to current legislation
• Examine relevant theories, skills and processes relevant to curriculum implementation
• Analyse skills that can be used to aid the teacher in the administration of the national curriculum
• Explore the differences between integration and inclusion
• Organise learning opportunities in order to promote independence and responsibility
Note: It is desirable that learners have some prior certification in child development or special needs or equivalent.
Note: This course is only intended as a single module upskill course not linked to Childcare ECCE awards as they are deactivated and no longer available after the December 2023 QQI certification period.
Note: This course cannot be used to achieve an ECCE childcare award as both 5M2009 Certificate in ECCE and 6M2007 will be deactivated in December 2023 and replaced with the new Level 5 Certificate in ELC and the new Level 6 Advanced Certificate in ELC.
If you have not been able to complete your ECCE Childcare Qualification – Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) might be an option available to you via our head office Quality Assurance Department. For further information on RPL email Caroline Goode, firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: As the childcare Cert 6M2007 is to be deactivated, this module cannot now be used for ECCE Accreditation.