Sports Psychology (QQI LEVEL 6) | HL017 (12 weeks Class Based) or HL017ON (12 weeks Online)
This course is suitable for athletes, coaches, sports coordinators, development ofﬁcers, physiotherapists or those with an interest in sport and want to learn about how psychology applies to sport.
It will equip learners with the skills and competence to apply psychological principles in the coaching of team and individual sports in order to enhance performance.
Sport Psychology is continually growing in Ireland. This has been aided by the success of Irish sports teams and individuals who have employed the services of sport psychologists e.g. hurlers footballers and rugby players winning their respective finalsApply for this Course
• Understand the role of the sports psychologist and the relationship between psychology and performance
• Learn how to design and deliver intervention strategies to improve
sports performance e.g. anxiety
• Evaluation of different approaches to motivation in sport
• Influence of leaders and role models in sport
Topics to be covered:
• The Development of Sports Psychology
• Sports Psychology and Performance
• Arousal, Stress and Anxiety
• Concept of Motivation in Sport
• Goal Setting
• Leadership and Coaching