Training and Development (Train the Trainer Advanced Certificate) (QQI LEVEL 6) | BP038 (12 weeks Class Based)
This new and more comprehensive course is the replacement for the old FETAC Train the Trainer award E30179 and leads to a full special purpose award 6S3372 as part of QQI’s common awards system.
Apply for this Course
“Very happy I discovered the evening classes here, a very positive educational experience, highly recommended.”
This course is suitable for those who wish to acquire the knowledge, skill and competence to identify training and development needs to deliver and evaluate a training intervention (course) within a range of training and development contexts. Participants are presented an in depth practical and comprehensive theoretical knowledge of roles, function and delivery of training in any environment. The course is designed to give the participant a solid foundation into the presentation skills, knowledge of how to design interventions or courses, skills to assess and evaluate the content and quality of a training course and typical practical practices of trainers. The course leads to a qualiﬁcation beneﬁcial to any business or environment where there is a need to provide, promote and deliver information, procedures or knowledge to an individual learner or group of learners.
The training delivery and evaluation module component is the new direct replacement for the original Train the Trainer QQI component. A learner can register for this single component ONLY if they wish. We would recommend that learners complete both module components to receive the special purpose award in Training and Development. (Advanced Certificate).
To complete this award, participants must complete the following components:
Training Delivery and Evaluation 6N3326
Training Needs Identification and Design 6N3325
|Tuesday||18.45-21.45||12 Weeks||Training Delivery and Evaluation (Train the Trainer)|
|Thursday||18.45-21.45||12 Weeks||Training Needs Identification & Design|
Learners will have the flexibility to complete both components during the 12 week period and achieve the full award or alternatively learners can select one module only, if they prefer to do so.
Training Needs Identification and Design
This course is suitable for those who wish to become familiar with the functions, process, purpose and benefits of training and development. It will also enable participants to assess approaches and techniques in conducting training needs analysis.
• Internal and external environmental factors influencing training and development requirements
• Concepts of learning, training, development and education
• Purpose of training and development in an organisational and or individual setting
• Training Needs Analysis (TNA) and Instructional System Design (ISD) models
• Barriers to training and attitudes to training in an organisation
• Training plans, prioritised training and cost benefit analysis
• How to design a training intervention, that incorporates a range of design factors
• How to develop appropriate training content
• Performance management approaches in the context of identifying training and development needs
Training Delivery and Evaluation (Train the Trainer)
This course is suitable for those who wish to become familiar with the approaches, tools and techniques used in the evaluation of a training intervention and acquire the comprehensive skills required in the development, delivery and evaluation of a training intervention.
• Concepts and theories underlying the delivery and evaluation of training interventions
• The effectiveness of a training session
• How to appraise a range of evaluation models, approaches, tools and techniques
• Learn how to deliver appropriate training content and materials using a range of training aids
• Constructive feedback
• How to apply a comprehensive range of specialised training delivery and evaluation skills
• Learn how to devise a training evaluation process
Note: This course ma take place at the Further Education and Training Centre Kilmallock Road Campus.